Karachi Shipyard can rightly be called “the major heavy mechanical engineering industry of Pakistan”. Although Karachi Shipyard is mainly designed for shipbuilding, however, its role in support of industry and developmental engineering is prominent. It has a long record of service to industry and during slump in the shipbuilding industry, has promoted further diversification of its general engineering activities.
Major areas of business are:
- Sugar plants / machinery
- Overhead Cranes (up to 100 tons capacity)
- Industrial boilers and pressure vessels
- Cement plants
- Flood light and wind turbine towers
- Equipment for petroleum and petrochemical industry
- Drilling rigs
- Structures for power plants
- Barrage Gate
Karachi Shipyard has extensive experience and expertise in manufacturing of boilers and pressure vessels in accordance with international quality standards. So far Karachi Shipyard has manufactured more than 100 boilers up to 80 tons per hour steam generating capacity.